Cyprus has a unique geographical position at the crossroads of three continents. It is the third largest island in the Mediterranean and enjoys over 340 days a year of sun and warm weather. Cyprus is home to some of the most beautiful beaches and resorts in the world which includes the amazing golf resorts of Aphrodite hills and Secret valley.
The free market economy which is implemented in Cyprus gives a wide scope of opportunities for international business entities. As there are no trade boundaries between EU countries. There are over 100,000 international Companies that are registered in Cyprus that are entitled to and take advantage of the same benefits as other EU based companies as well as benefiting from an array of local tax incentives which include the EU’s lowest corporate tax rate (12.5% on taxable company profits)
Cyprus has successfully developed through the years into both a reputable financial and business centrethat offers a vast array of business opportunities as well as specialized services for the needs of international investorsand with over 50 double tax treaty agreements signed this gives the opportunity for very effective international tax planning.
“All Cyprus resident companies qualify for Double tax treaty protection”
Generous tax incentives which are in full compliance with all E.U. directives as well as the simplicity and low costs of registering a company in Cyprus provides international investors with a complete value proposition. Cyprus’s accession to the European Union in 2004 brought along with it significant tax reforms which resulted in international businesses choosing and making Cyprus their preferred location to set up and operate holding companies for the purpose of managing and controlling their global investments and business activities.
Just a few examples of the numerable reasons for choosing Cyprus for investment or as a base of operations,
- A modern accounting, financial and legal system
- A member state of the European union since 2004 and a member of the Euro zone since 2008
- One of the lowest corporation tax rates in Europe
- No capital gains tax on any gains from the sales of shares in both private and public Cyprus registered companies
- Anonymity is guaranteed for directors and shareholders through the practise of nominees
- The island has a modern infrastructure as well as a highly skilled and educated workforce
- Strategic location
- No inheritance tax is payable on transfer of ownership of Cyprus Companies shares
- Payments of dividends/interest/royalty commissions to non-resident is made without deduction of tax